Introduction and WELCOME!
To get started and get you familiar with your materials, I will provide some start up links. Each of these videos, presentations and articles are to help you get off to a healthy start before we have our first meeting. Anything that is underlined is a clickable link to a PDF file or video presentation.
Getting Familiar with Watercolor, Color and Your Supplies
To get familiar with who I am, color in general, and understand some of the terms I will be using I am providing the following presentations. You will also have the opportunity to do a few exercises to get familiar with your paints, brush(es) and paper:
- Introduction of your Instructor
- Recent Promotional Video – Curator and Graphic Designer of Featured Artists’ Compilation: Jester Graphix, Matt Dixon
- How to Photograph Work for Critiquing
- Introduction of Color
- Handy Color Handout
- Watercolor_For_Beginners_Pre-Class Handout
- Preliminary Exercises (2 Tasks)
- Task 1: Saturation and flow exercise
- Task 2: Color Wheel Exercise(View color wheel tutorial then make your own color wheel in your sketchbook!
- Color Wheel Tutorial (Creative Commons License)
- After viewing the tutorial on the color wheel, make your own so you understand how to mix the 12 standard colors on the color wheel
- Primaries: Red, Blue, Yellow
- Secondaries: Green, Orange, Purple (also called Violet)
- Tertiaries (sometimes called Intermediate): Red-Yellow, Orange-Yellow, Blue-Green, Yellow-Green, Red-Purple, Blue-Purple